?

Introduction and a question - Professional and passionate

About Introduction and a question

Previous Entry Introduction and a question Apr. 26th, 2008 @ 09:02 pm Next Entry
Hello,

I am very interested in becoming a hair stylist and would like some advice, if I may. I know that there are a lot of schools out there, but I have a hard time discerning which are respectable and which are scams. I live in the Los Angeles area, so I'm sure there has to be quite a few here. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good, respectable school? I love doing hair and have been coloring my own hair for many years now, including the color in my icon.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Current Mood: hopefulhopeful
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
From:thatgirlmissa
Date:April 27th, 2008 05:14 am (UTC)
(Link)
Where exactly in the LA area are you?
[User Picture Icon]
From:faerywoman
Date:April 27th, 2008 07:03 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Long Beach
[User Picture Icon]
From:thatgirlmissa
Date:April 27th, 2008 08:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Cool, I'm in Long Beach as well.

Okay, the best public school in the area would either be Cerritos College or Golden West College. As far as private I am really torn, mainly because they cost about $12,000 to $14,000 min. but, the best in the general vicinity would be Paul Mitchell. That would be a drive but it is good. I took the public school route because both that I mentioned are Pivot Point schools and you are only paying the community college rates of $20/unit plus your kit fee which is about $1300. They take the same amount of time as private as well. There is also Career Academy in the area but, to be honest I wouldn't go there.

Hope this helps!
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com